I don’t snack too often. I prefer bigger meals that satisfy me for hours.
However, there are always exceptions. Sometimes I enjoy grazing for a day and other times I am hungry or just want food but don’t feel like or don’t have the time to prepare a full meal.
This is where snacks come in!
The following is a list of my favorite 10 primal/paleo snacks that you can grab and go. They take very little to no preparation.
My top 15
- Grass-fed beef jerky
- Half of a medium avocado
- One handful of macadamias, pistachios or blanched almonds
- Fruit (usually a banana or what is in season)
- Slice of high quality cheese (usually kerrygold dubliner)
- 1-2 Blocks of 90-99% Dark Chocolate Bar
- Coconut meat products (coconut flakes, coconut butter, coconut oil, etc.)
- Easily digestible raw veggies (bell pepper, tomato, carrots, cucumber)
- Tomato paste (grab a spoon, open can, dive in!)
- Canned tuna or sardines
- Coconut water
- Paleo kits (I have yet to try but will soon!)
- Pemmican (another food I need to try asap
This list is somewhat in order as it stands right now on July 18, 2012. Keep in mind that all of these are grab n go snacks.
Click here for a list of snacks that take some preparation.
What primal/paleo snacks can you add to the list? Do you eat any on my list frequently?