I don’t snack too often. I prefer bigger meals that satisfy me for hours.
However, there are always exceptions. Sometimes I enjoy grazing for a day and other times I am hungry or just want food but don’t feel like or don’t have the time to prepare a full meal.
This is where snacks come in!
The following is a list of my favorite 10 primal/paleo snacks that you can grab and go. They take very little to no preparation.
My top 15
- Grass-fed beef jerky
- Half of a medium avocado
- One handful of macadamias, pistachios or blanched almonds
- Fruit (usually a banana or what is in season)
- Slice of high quality cheese (usually kerrygold dubliner)
- 1-2 Blocks of 90-99% Dark Chocolate Bar
- Coconut meat products (coconut flakes, coconut butter, coconut oil, etc.)
- Easily digestible raw veggies (bell pepper, tomato, carrots, cucumber)
- Tomato paste (grab a spoon, open can, dive in!)
- Canned tuna or sardines
- Coconut water
- Paleo kits (I have yet to try but will soon!)
This list is somewhat in order as it stands right now on July 18, 2012. Keep in mind that all of these are grab n go snacks.
What Paleo snacks can you add to the list? Do you eat any on my list frequently?