Making a primal meatloaf was on my mind for a long time. This past Sunday is when I finally decided to follow a recipe and give it a try. It turned out fantastic and I will be making primal/paleo meatloafs over and over again.
I enjoyed this with my family and then used leftovers for my big ass salads on Monday and Tuesday. This is what makes eating primal so easy… you learn to LOVE leftovers which saves you a hell of a long time in the kitchen. I love to cook, but also enjoy many other things in life.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Jumbo Eggs (large is fine)
- 2 Apples
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Dried Mustard Powder
- 2 Tbsp Worcestshire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Special Note: I forgot to add the garlic cloves and salt & pepper. It still tasted FANTASTIC but everything is better with garlic, pepper, and a little salt!
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Chop Apples, Onion and Garlic and add to large mixing bowl
- Add all other ingredients to mixing bowl
- Mix ingredients thoroughly with hands
- Press mixture into a loaf pan
- Place tinfoil over a baking sheet
- Place loaf pan onto tinfoil (so if it spills you have no cleanup later!)
- Bake for 45-60 minutes
- Let cool, serve and enjoy!
Notes: Original recipe said to bake for about 60 minutes. I baked it at 55 and believed 45 minutes would have been just right. It was not burnt at 60 minutes but just very well done.
All in all, this meatloaf was fantastic. I will make a slightly different version of it again. Follow the recipe to a T and then make it your own the following time.
Do you like smoothies? Learn about the ebook with 150 smoothie recipes and free updates here!