Even though I am on day 6 (it’s Saturday) of my sickness, I feel incredibly blessed. This past Sunday I was in Libertyville – a Chicago suburb – with 17 other groks/grokettes for an epic grokfeast. I had only met 1 of the individuals previously which was over lunch on the Friday before. Yet there was an immediate connection between all of us.
That is how Mark Sisson of MarksDailyApple.com has changed the world.
For most of us, especially myself, we feel nervous meeting new folks. We have no idea who they are, what they believe in, what they do, etc. Even if we know a little bit about them our hearts may beat just a little faster.
However, I have literally felt nearly an immediate connection between just about every Primal enthusiast I have ever met, which is more than 100 unique individuals. It’s like I know who they are even though I know nothing about them. It’s hard to explain. You have to live through the experience multiple times to understand what I am talking about.
The Chicago Grokfeast was no different!
Even though I had met only Matt over lunch with Crystal, (who was not there on the Friday before) I felt like I knew everyone. I used to be the most shy kid in the world and still show it a little. It didn’t show for a split second this past Sunday. I almost did not go because of the fact that I am allergic to the cold as of August 6, but I ended up deciding to book an Amtrak train ticket about 3 hours before I went to bed on Thursday night. I boarded the train just after 7 am the next morning in Grand Rapids and arrived in Chicago around 10:30 am.
So, will you vote for us?
We are one of the 4 finalists! Heeeeelllllllllzzzz yeeeeea!!
Here is a little bit of a why we think we should win!
- Densely populated city ventures off into the suburbs with real grass
- Humans (and one Toad) of all ages from 20′s to 59 (or 60′s?) present!
- Lots of socializing
- Tree climbing
- Frisbee keep away from 4 dogs (man’s best friend for millennia)
- Amazing food including Bacon-Wrapped Pecan Dates & Pineapple
- Some of us enjoyed a simple mind game (slow down and use your brain!)
- Coconut water taste test
- Coconut cracking
- A little Bears, Rams & Lions (while standing of course as you see in the photos)
- A toadally kick ass infographic highlighting our awesome grokfeast
Click here to view the Toadally Kick Ass Infographic in PDF form.