This recipe is taken straight from the Paleo Recipe Book. I have permission from Sebastien Noel to post a few recipes on my blog.
I used all the required ingredients and followed the instructions as they were laid out. It turned out better than I had anticipated. It was eaten by just my brother and I so we had plenty of leftovers for the next day.
My brother and I purchased about a 3.25 pound pork shoulder roast from Whole Foods Market for about 3.99 per pound. It was not the best quality you can buy but Whole Foods does not support CAFO meat. None of their food with beef comes from cows that were ever fed corn too! You can be sure you are buying quality when you shop at Whole Foods Market.
- 1 pork shoulder, about 4 lbs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf (I used dried bay leaves)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice with the cumin, garlic powder and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the spice and lime juice mixture all over the pork.
- Make six small incisions on the pork shoulder and insert a garlic clove in each of them.
- Placed the sliced onion in the bottom of the roasting pan with the bay leaf and the pork shoulder on top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Place in the middle of the oven to roast for about 4 hours, until the meat falls apart very easily when pulled with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and let rest, covered, for about 15 minutes before pulling out the delicious pork and serving it with its own juices.
Special Offer: Toadally Primal Smoothies for Free
If you buy the Paleo Recipe Book through this link then I will offer you my ebook, Toadally Primal Smoothies for free! Just email me here telling me your purchased the cookbook. I’ll then send you a copy of Toadally Primal Smoothies for free.