This is a recipe that will be inside the first version of Primal Dining with Toad (click on the link to learn more about this epic project!). If you make it yourself and take a beautiful photo then please submit it to me. I would love to include a much better photo and give you credit. When I have enough submissions I’ll hold a contest. The trick? You must purchase Primal Dining with Toad.
I am a huge fan of all potatoes. I love my whites and don’t see why most Paleo folks avoid them but that does not mean that I don’t enjoy my sweet potatoes too!
Ginger and cinnamon are amongst my 5 favorite spices and I am as big of a fan of anyone when it comes to butter. Thus, I just had to try and make something like this! You can always sub coconut oil for the butter as well as any spices you love for the ginger and cinnamon.
It may seem like a process based on all the steps but if you read through them you will notice that I really walk you through it! I’m doing a video demonstration for several (if not all, literally) of the recipes inside Primal Dining with Toad so, well, yea just keep that in mind my friend.
What cookbook has a video demonstration for all recipes?
None. First for everything, right?
- 1 Pound Sweet Potato, Peeled (about 1.25 lbs not peeled)
- 2+ TBSP Grass-Fed Butter or Coconut Oil
- Ground ginger to taste
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Bring about 1.5 cups of water to a boil (adding a little salt helps it boil faster)
- While water is heating up to a boil, slice sweet potato into about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick pieces. Then cut into quarters.
- Add sliced and quartered sweet potato to boiling water. Lower heat to medium/high if using an electric stovetop (bring down lower if using gas).
- Cook potatoes until desired tenderness. I cooked mine for about 12 minutes. Take a fork and if you can easily push through a potato no problem then they are definitely done.
- Once cooked to your liking, drain water into a mug by placing the cover over the pan with a slight crack and slowly allow the water chase into the mug. You may be shocked, but that water is full of nutrition and is incredibly delicious. Try it!
- Toss the sweet potatoes onto your plate.
- Add about 2 TBSP of butter or coconut oil on top of the potatoes.
- Shake ginger and cinnamon on top as you desire. I recommend trying just a little at first then adding more if you wish.
- Mix around the sweet potatoes, butter and spices for best flavor.
- Take a bite and go nomnomnom.
- Once finished, drink that water that you saved or save it for later!
This may look complicated but it’s as easy as it gets. Did I go into too much detail? These types of instructions are for the newbiest of newbies. I truly want to change the world and millions have no idea how to cook anything. Either myself or YOU will end up making a demonstration video for all recipes.
I ate this entire thing for a meal. Don’t be afraid of healthy carbs even if you did not just complete an intense crossfit workout (I ate it after doing nothing).
Primal Dining with Toad
Don’t forget to pre-order Primal Dining with Toad today for only $7. This is an epic project that will be developing and evolving over a minimum of the next 5 years. The first PDF version will be available on Thanksgiving Day. For now I send out 1 email every Friday which includes a lucky winner of a prize worth around $25 just for being awesome and joining me on this journey!
If you pre-order today then you also get Toadally Primal Smoothies for FREE. Since I’ll be selling this for $15 sometime this week, passing up on this deal is kind of insane if you enjoy smoothies. So, what are you waiting for?!