I received this comment on one of the posts on my facebook fan page (Join over 2300 fans!) about a week or so ago from Esther.
Blog post idea?!?? Top ten primal foods to stock up on for emergencies. The ecomony is crap, you live in MI so you know but what shelf stable foods would you stock up on if you had some extra cash? We are thinking of hoarding up a little food, the hubby does concrete and winter is a coming. Also we have nut and coconut allergies- any ideas? Thanks!
I know of just the foods for this type of situation. Instead of only 10 foods I feel like listing 22. I have a lot to say about most of the following foods and will thus publish posts in the future explaining the reasoning for my selection.
Esther says that she has coconut and nut allergies. Well, nuts are problematic for most of us just like grains are. I will suggest certain nuts and will also suggest a couple coconut products. She requested 10 foods but I am going to reveal 22.
- Wild Planet Skipjack Light Tuna (no can opener needed!)
- Crown Prince Pink Salmon (comes with bones and skin)
- Crown Prince Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Pure Olive Oil
- Canned Chicken from Costco
- Eggs (they can sit out at room temp for a couple weeks or more)
- Beef Jerky (make your own from ground beef – it lasts for weeks!)
- Butter (this can sit out at room temp!)
- Bob’s Red Mill Flaked Coconut
- Organic Nutiva Coconut Oil
- Bananas (portable potassium)
- Tomato Paste
- Canned Greens (Spinach, Kale, Collards)
- Canned Vegetables (Green Beans, Peas, etc.)
- Dehydrated Fruits & Veggies (make your own with this dehydrator!)
- Coconut Water (stay hydrated with electrolytes!)
- Baby Carrots
- Endangered Species, Black Panther Extreme Dark Chocolate (88%)
That is a lot of food. Food that is paleo approved. I could live on these foods for the rest of my life and have a riot. People will dismiss all the canned goods. This post is for times when you are in emergencies folks!
These foods are perfect for traveling too! They are extremely portable and extremely nutritious. You can not go wrong. Many of the canned goods are BPA free which means you have zero worry.
I’ll be explaining why I chose these foods in future posts. It’s been a lot of fun thinking about these foods.
I have linked to a lot of products inside this post. If you click on a link and it goes to a product and you buy, then I will earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I would use myself. In most cases I already do use them regularly.
Do you have any more to add to the list? Leave a comment below.